March 30, 2010

DON'T PANIC

So I was reading Book 5 of the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy trilogy, Earth: Mostly Harmless, when I came across this most amazing quotes of quotes that I wish to record here for you.
"You cannot see what I see because you see what you see. You cannot know
what I know because you know what you know. What I see and what I know cannot be
added to what you see and what you know because they are not of the same kind.
Neither can it replace what you see and what you know, because that would be to
replace you yourself.
" ~ The Seer on the Pole, Hawalius, Eastern Rim of the Galaxy, The Universe. (Adams, Earth: Mostly Harmless)
Isn't that phrased so insanely weirdly that it makes perfect sense? Isn't that incredible? I love it! And it's so true too! You cannot see the world that same as anyone else, and you can't know the world like anyone else, because that would mean you'd have to replace yourself.
Maybe this one will clear that up. It's by the same Seer on the Pole.
"Everything you see or hear or experience in any way at all is specific to
you. You create a universe by perceiving it, so everything in the universe you
perceive is specific to you.
"
Make anymore sense? Awww probably not, cuz it makes sense to me. Fail.
How ironic.
Anyways click here.
Read on, write on ladies and gentlemen.
Sweet Dreams! May Nightmare spare you.
Amanda Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment