April 6, 2010

Gosh I love Maps

Hey all.

As you can see from the date stamp at the bottom of this post, I'm midnight posting again. I know I shouldn't be doing it, but I promised myself I would keep up with this posting thing.

What was I going to mention today... Oh good heavens I can't remember... It's too late...

OH! I remember! So I was reading this site the other day (I don't remember what it's called), and it said that one of the things that will both help your writing, and something you will enjoy as a writer is drawing maps of your world and environment in your story. So today I yanked out some graph paper and decided to give it a go. And what do you know, it was so much fun. AND I got so many ideas for my story, just by trying to outline the world.

Now, the first map I drew looks really crappy, it was a map of the beach from Eli's memories, and it's horribly cheesy. But next I started to draw the south end of the Dream World I haven't really written much about yet, and it's looking pretty cool. Now I'm no artist (hey, I write, *shrugs*), but I'm pretty proud of it. I'm real excited to post it on the DC blog and show you all. But first I have to finish all the maps of the Dream World of course.

This will also be your opportunity to shoot down any stupid names I use before I use them, because I'm aware I use them a lot. I mean "Dream World"? I can be more creative than that, no? I'm not changing that one though. But if you would like, I can get into a debate with you over the sheer basicness of the human mind. But that is for another day.

That's all for now sunshines. :)
Read on, write on.
Sweet Dreams! May Nightmare spare you.
Amanda Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment