September 28, 2010

Who writes a 13 page apology? And recites it in court?

So yeah, I'm getting super pissed off at this Philosophy reading we have to do and I've officially given up. If it takes me more than a half hour to read, then I'm not reading it. I got to page FOUR in a half hour. Yeah, that's how terrible it is. But it's somewhat amusing in someways. For being ridiculously wise, Socrates was an idiot. Oh yeah, by the way, I was reading the thirteen page Apology of Socrates. The man rambles.

Anyways, from what I understand, he basically wandered around telling apparently wise people they weren't wise, because they only posses human wisdom which is basically the equivalent of nothing.

This only proves his point when he says, "I should say to HIM, 'Here is a man who is wiser than I am; but you said that I was the wisest.'"

He was talking about going to prove the Oracle of Delphi wrong. The Oracle at Delphi is FEMALE. This has been proved by history. They got high off methane coming out of the rocks at Delphi and gave visons.

Anyways, I found that kind of interesting. My brain is already starting to hurt and I'm not even in Philosophy class yet.

What else is happening? Oh, Jess wants me to tell you cheese is made of magic. She thought you should know that.

What else... Oh, the fact that I'm too nice. Yeah, I was on MSN last night and I managed to solve three people's problems at the same time in under an hour. I think that's pretty epic.

But it just reminded me how much it hurts to help people. When you genuinely help someone, you leave a little bit of yourself with them, you give that to them. And they abuse it, and some days, there's just nothing left to give they take so much of you. But you don't care. You do it anyways because you know it's right.

On theme with Philosophy next period, I think it's good to end with this quote.

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a harder battle." ~ Plato.

No comments:

Post a Comment