October 19, 2010

Change the World.

Hello all.

Yes, I am aware I haven't posted in forever. I got lazy. *smacks hand* Bad Amanda. Amanda must be punished.

So I have a lot to fill you in on, don't I? Japanese peoples, canned food drive, my weekend? Geektastic?

Well, let's start with the Japanese. My buddy's name was Akira. Isn't that wicked? They didn't speak much English, but based solely on facial expressions, I think he liked playing football and basketball, and perhaps the darkroom best. Oh! And they did this wicked dance at the assembly, and we all went onstage after to try it. My legs were burning for a whole week. I could barely walk. Of course, joint pain didn't help any.

The canned food drive for FACE team went very well, we had like 1600+ cans and over $900 bucks when I was last told. Out next campaign is the Coats for Kids drive and collecting milk bags to make mats for the homeless. That reminds me... I should probably jump over yonder to give Mrs. Thompson my announcement... and we need to make them posters for the end of the day reminder...

Hmmm... OH! my weekend. Well, it was my grandpa's birthday. We bought him a wicked puzzle with all the famous television people on it. He was so excited, it was crazy. I recognized some of the people... that guy from M*A*S*H*... Bugs Bunny, Jay Leno, the Flinstones, FRIENDS... my grandpa knew way more though...

We also got him a book called Valkyrie. It had a movie based on it, and I had to watch it like nine times for a history project, and it was really good, so we figured he'd like the book. We'll find out I suppose. It's about a plot to kill Hitler from within his own ranks. Yeah.

And we went shopping with my Grandmother. I got a balloon hat. She thought it was pretty epic. So did my mother. But my Aunt, who is usually epic, went on this rant on how I should grow up, and it kind pissed me off. But I ended up buying a dress. I know, completely unlike me. But I'm being forced to go to semi, so I might as well be prepared. Plus, the design on the dress looks like it was drawn by a child. Which makes it epic.

And that's about it. Right now I'm kinda sick (probably should have taken the sore joints as a precurser), and my head feels like it's melting from the inside.

The last thing I want to say is to for you to join this site: It Starts With Us

I joined it, so you know you want to. It sends you "missions" via e-mail that encourage you to change the world in just 15 minutes a day. Isn't that wicked?!! I can't wait for my second mission. Join children, join!!!!

OH! I forgot to talk about Geektastic. As usual, it's the most incredible book ever!!! Cassandra Clare's short story was amazing, as expected, and the ending was completely phenominal and completely Clare esque. And the English nerd got the English nerd. There were pancakes involved.

Alright, so that's all for today. I have to plan a craft for the Sparks tonight and I have to find Jennifer. I'm definately bringing a Robert Munsch book with me. Those are always good. (I may be 17, but I have Robert Munsch stories on my MP3. I'm that cool)

Ta ta for now, mes amis.
Amanda Out.

2 comments:

  1. Yay for ISWU!! It always makes me so happy to see people sharing such an amazing cause. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and sharing your story, I really appreciated that. Hope you're feeling better soon - and I think we NEED to see this balloon hat!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahaha the hat is nothing amazing, but it's still a balloon hat.

    Maybe I'll take a picture of me wearing it and post it on ISWU on my day off. XD

    OH! and you're welcome for the comment.

    ReplyDelete