October 7, 2010

The Future

I spent a good portion of todays spare editing Korky's Marxist's Theory essay, with lots of you are amazing-s coming from behind me as I covered her pages in red pen. Somehow I don't find editing that amzing, but whatever, let her think that.

That reminds me last night though about Michelle telling me to become an editor with her. Can you seriously see me sitting at a desk job, leafing through endless piles of paper to find the one story that will sell? Or picking away at someone's work until it's covered in red grammar and spelling mistakes, and green cuts? I'll probably be too biased anyways. I'll pick the female's sci-fi story over a male's anyday, providing the females story isn't thoroughly terrible. *cough* Twilight. *cough*

Plus my own works will be lignering in the back of my mind. Michelle's other suggestion was I become a travelling poet, which I admit would be wicked cool, but make me like no money. Unless the king took fancy to my work, but you know things like that don't happen in this century.

Originally I threw around the idea of being a photojournalist, but I read an article in PhotoLife last night that the profession of photojournalism is going downhill to the point of ceasing to exist. Publishers are pulling pics from photobanks and google instead. (as unethical as it is to use google for such things)

*sigh* I guess I'm gonna have to re-think this career thing. But being an Editor can't be that bad of a job, can it? At least it pays well. IF I get the job...

Amanda Out.

1 comment:

  1. The layout of your blog reminds me of something... Oh yes... My blog.

    http:\\spunchops.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete