October 5, 2010

Leaving

Another day without Korky. :( This is making me awfully sad. I hope she's alright.

What else... OH! MRS. CLARKE IS LEAVING! The blasphemy! We're trying to make a scrapbook thing for her, but it's gonna be hard without help. We have to make sure we get everyone's input for it too, and I only know so many people. And it has to be done for Friday.

Anyways, I was thinking an Explosion box scrapbook because those are always cool and they're not that hard to make. Well, that is if I remember how. *thinks about it* Yeah, I remember.

We're making Turkeys out of cookies and candy and stuff for Thanksgiving at Sparks today. I get to be the icing master. Mostly because I don't want to have to clean up the mess five and six year olds will make spreading they're own icing. They can put it together. But I am the icing master!

Ooo I'm distracted by some girl talking to the librarian. So much for having focus. It's raining. My joints hurt. My head hurts. It's going to be a long day.

Snack time today may turn into applying Myoflex time. I have a feeling we're going to be writing a lot in Philosophy. English was long enough this morning. We read this weird story called The Yellow Wallpaper, which is about this chick that goes crazy because her husband locks her up in her room and isolates her from society. Apparently society's ideals are supposed to be the villain here, but personally, I still think it was the guy. He was supposed to be helping her. But seriously? Locking her in a room because she's suffering from after-having-baby depression? Wow, fail.

I'll stop ranting about English though. We started Plato in Philosophy and he's actually kinda cool. I understand the whole parallel universe of perfect forms thing. But I still think I liked Socrates better and his rantage on what it means to exist. This guy who liked Plato's work ranted about "being" in the textbook, and he had a point, but that random guy isn't exactly one of the Big Three (makes them sound like the Gods, eh?). He was German I think.

What else... Oh! Writer's Craft. I get to have two parties on Friday. One for Mrs. Clarke, and one in class for Mrs. Bougner because it's her last day before going on Mat leave. Sonya thinks her baby is going to be a boy. I'd trust her judgement.

So yeah, that's about it. I put some poems in a contest the other day after talking to you all. We'll see how that turns out. I only get like ten bucks if I win though. :(

OH! That reminds me... I found five bucks on the ground today on the way to school. There was no one around... so I kept it. Don't worry, I'm not that selfish. I'll use it to buy things for other people instead of myself. Then my good luck will be put to good use.

Mind, there was this old man staring at us while we picked it up, but he was way down the street, and we asked him if it was his and he didn't respond. So, yeah, now I'm five bucks richer.

I really wish Korky was here, or even Jess Murphy. At least I'd have someone to talk to... :(

I suppose that is all for today. I need to go get an announcement form for book club...

Ttfn (ta ta for now) sunshines.
Amanda Out.

1 comment:

  1. Aww, I feel so loved!!! And I am all right as you found out pretty much after posting this. And I'm horrably ticked about Ms. Clarke leaving. I'm gonna assume that any other chaplain we get in is gonna be all "god is the way," Ms. Clarke was sweet! She was so chilled, anyways, I never comment cause I'm usually right there when you're writing these things but I thought I'd comment now so yeah!!!! And btw, I really think these things are helping keep you in tip top writing shape, so don't stop :P
    ttfn (I always forget what that stands for)
    Korky/Cookie

    ReplyDelete