October 21, 2010

Updates, Updates

Bonjour

So you've probably noticed a change in the look of the blog... I'm trying to add more pictures and things, and less text, because although text is epic, it's not very catchy. Well, unless it's bright red or yellow, then it's just annoying.

Other than that, I'm thouroughly sick now. My pudding brain is starting to solidify into concrete, taking any sort of rational thought with it. I feel top heavy.

But I have to write that stupid philosophy test anyways. And my moral towards it was significantly lessened after Writer's Craft this morning. This new teacher is starting to irritate me. She's really closed minded toward writing, even though she thinks she's not. We read a Lenard Cohen poem today (yeah, I know, great choice for a Catholic School), and she went off on how you can't write unless you know his stuff by heart. Hello? What happened to the Shakespeare insults of the day before? I was loving you for that.

And it's really biased that she tells us all this about this Cohen guy. I really didn't like the poem. It was good, I'll admit, but it was repetitive in a boring way. I had to read it several times before I found something I liked. But she's just drooling over the thing like we'll fail if we hate it. Naturally I said nothing, but I think she surmoused enough of my feeling toward it through my analytical responses.

ANd why are we analysing it? This isn't english (ok, yeah it's an english course), but it's WRITER'S CRAFT. I want to WRITE. We've been doing all analysing shit in English (we haven't even read a book yet!)

Errr... she's getting on my nerves. That, and under her, I'm probably going to fail.

Enough ranting. Big cookie time!!! (I wonder if this will change my outlook towards the Philosophy test?)
Amanda Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment